Collection: MAC Depotted Eyeshadow Palettes

(As of January 12, 2009) EDITED!!!

I’ve decided that I will post pictures of my collection for the world to see! I realize that I am opening myself up to much criticism by showing this, but here goes nothin’… It will have to be in many parts because my collection is so large.

collection-eyeshadow-palettes-41

This post is the first because it’s easiest to photograph and organize. These are all of my MAC depotted eyeshadows that I keep in these palettes that each hold 15. I label them on the outside with a label maker and store them vertically in a carrying case so that I can easily flip through to find the certain palette I’m looking for. They’re separated mostly by color. The two exceptions are the PRO palette which contains all of the MAC shadows that can only be found at a PRO store and the Neutral colors which are further separated by LE (Limited Edition) and Perm (Permanent) colors.

I have and do continue to use almost every single color, although it’s apparent that some are more favored than others. This is a collection I have accumulated over MUCH time, and it is how I choose to spend my extra money (while other girls might shop for clothes or shoes or jewelry etc.). Of course I have a few of those other things, but I’d just as soon buy my clothes cheaply at the late Mervyn’s or Target, but buy high end makeup! It makes me happy!

Read on and you will be able to see close-ups of each one of my palettes!

I have not included the names of the shadows in my photos, as that would have taken forever finish, but if you’d like to know the name of specific colors or have a question about them, please leave me a comment, and I will make sure to let you know right away! EDIT: Per the request of a reader, I have now included the names listed underneath. Oh, and the black “X” indicates that there is no color in that spot…yet!

PRO PalettePalette: PRO

Row 1: (empty), Sour Lemon, Kelly, Ground Brown, Bright Sunshine
Row 2: Atlantic Blue, Aqua, Blue Calm, Deep Damson, Naval
Row 3: Bio Green, Indian Ink, Soot, Vibrant Grape, Bottle Green

Golds, Oranges, & Corals PalettePalette: Golds, Oranges, & Corals

Row 1: Chrome Yellow, Gorgeous Gold, Peppier, French Cuff, (empty)
Row 2: Ochre Style, Fab & Flashy, Orange, Flip, (empty)
Row 3: Motif, Amber Lights, Goldmine, Honey Lust, (empty)

Beiges & TaupesPalette: Beiges & Taupes

Row 1: (empty), Copperplate, Botanical, Innuendo, Honesty
Row 2: (empty), Seedling, Vex, Kid, Shore Leave
Row 3: (empty), (empty), Frisco, Clue, Bisque

Perm Neutrals PalettePalette: Perm Neutrals

Row 1: Mulch, Soba, Romp, Era, (empty)
Row 2: Naked Lunch, Satin Taupe, Sable, Saddle, (empty)
Row 3: Woodwinked, All That Glitters, Patina, Cork, (empty)

LE Neutrals PalettePalette: Limited Edition Neutrals

Row 1: Remotely Grey, Bold & Brazen, Smoke & Diamonds, Blanc Type, Rite of Spring
Row 2: Go, Grand Entrance, Handwritten, Lightshade, Warming Trend
Row 3: Glamour Check!, Daisychain, A Little Folie, Nanogold, Solar White

Browns PalettePalette: Browns

Row 1: Smut, Twinks, Brun, (empty), Blue Absenthe (should be in the Aqua palette)
Row 2: Club, Satin Taupe, Dark Edge, 100 Strokes, Fiction
Row 3: Bark, Bronze, Brown Script, Antiqued, Mythology

Highlights & Lighter Shades PalettePalette: Highlights & Lighter Shades

Row 1: Pincurl, Vanilla, Crystal Avalanche, Vapour, Filament
Row 2: Nylon, Ricepaper, Phloof!, Dreammaker, Vellum
Row 3: Brule’, Retrospeck, Shroom, Rose Blanc, Forgery

Pinks PalettePalette: Pinks

Row 1: Pink Venus, Zeal, Slip Pink, Beauty Sleep, Da Bling
Row 2: Jete’, Neutral Pink, Seedy Pearl, Scene 1, Sunset B.
Row 3: Pink Freeze, Expensive Pink, Pink Venus, Gleam, Wintersky

Dark Pinks PalettePalette: Dark Pinks

Row 1: Trax, Star, Swish, Passionate, Melton Mauve, Beauty Marked
Row 2: Star Violet, Sketch, Stars ‘N’ Rockets, Post Haste, Full Flame
Row 3: Cranberry, Sushi Flower, Crème de Violet, Floral Fantasy, Swiss Chocolate

Pastel Blues & Purples PalettePalette: Pastel Blues & Purples

Row 2: Eyepopping, Sumptuous Olive, Surreal, Newly Minted, Swimming
Row 3: Mink & Sable, Flourishing, Steamy, De Menthe, Wondergrass

Grays & Darker Shades PalettePalette: Grays & Darker Shades

Row 1: Rondelle, Cumulus, Knight, Charred, Suspicion
Row 2: Arctic Grey, Electra, Print, Carbon, Black Tied
Row 3: Krisp, Silver Ring, Swan Lake, Typographic, Knight Devine

61 Responses to “Collection: MAC Depotted Eyeshadow Palettes”

1. Laura Says:
    January 13th, 2009 at 9:48 PM

Heather –
    I think you might have almost as much as I do!!
    xoxo

Haha yeah, I bet I do! This is only a portion of it!!! Stay tuned because there’s more to come :-)

2. Melissa Says:
    January 13th, 2009 at 11:13 PM

Hi Heather! I totally understand the MAC birthday party now :o) Thanks so much for posting your passion.

And what would make the best birthday this year? Working at a MAC event! We’ll see though. Thanks so much for reading Melissa!

3. Kimberly Colon-Moller Says:
    January 17th, 2009 at 7:50 PM

love your addiction and I share it….any chance you can send me or post the shades in each of your palettes? I have tons and don’t know where to begin in organizing my shadows and would love to follow your suit….after all, imitation is the finest form of flattery.

tx!

Absolutely, Kimberly – you DO flatter me! I will work on it (it might take me a day…or two haha). Check back soon!

DONE! :-) Enjoy!

4. Luda Says:
    February 23rd, 2009 at 6:45 AM

Thanks for this – what an amazing collection. I would love to see swatches of them all……but I imagine you might need a whole spare weekend to swatch that lot!

Thanks Luda! Haha yes that would take a while to swatch! I’ll see if I can work on that for ya!

5. Shamini Says:
    March 2nd, 2009 at 12:58 PM

Oh-my-GOD! You’re my Goddess, I hope my collection will grow to become like yours one day. Thank you so much for sharing, and also for naming the colours in the palettes.

PS:
    Swatches would be great, since many of them look different on skin. ;)

You’re my second request for swatches…guess what I’ll be working on this week?! Haha – come back and hopefully it’ll be there soon!

Shamini Reply:

Your collection is a real inspiration. I just had your post open while I organized my blues-palette. I’m a color junkie, with a light touch of OCD, I think! :D

Oh wonderful! I’m so glad I could help you organize. I feel ya on that OCD stuff hehe :-)

6. Rachael Says:
    March 7th, 2009 at 11:09 AM

OMG Heather and I thought Christine’s collection was amazing! I only have 4 full palettes and 1 partially full one right now but my collection is growing fast (I only started collecting about 2 months ago…I def have a problem lol). Now I have to look at yours and Christone’s collections and go back through mine and rearrange the color order!

Wow Rachael, you’re doing pretty good for only 2 months! This has taken me a few years! :-)

Rachael Reply:

Just a little update, I am now working on my 8th eyeshadow palette!

Dang! Go girl!!!

7. pia Says:
    March 7th, 2009 at 6:32 PM

Heavier, what an amazing eye candy. Thanks so much for sharing. I appreciate it more knowing you patiently build it over the years. Now, are there more shadows that are not on your collection yet?

Oh yes, there are more shadows…always more! I’m still building, and it looks like this year MAC will not disappoint with the amount of new stuff they’ll have coming out!

8. Denny Says:
    March 27th, 2009 at 7:40 PM

Heather, this is way COOL. I used to do my makeup all the time when I was younger and this is encouraging me to start i t back up all over again. Seeing this, I think it is time for a change. I LOVE that you haven’t missed a color. :-)

I’m so happy you like it! Yes!!! Please start up again! And when you feel comfortable, send me some pictures so I can post a guest look on my site! :-)

Denny Reply:

Thanks for the invitation. Now, I’ve got to sharpen my skills before I send any pics. Maybe I’ll use Oh Baby. LMAO

YES! Please do! LOL you go girl!

9. Jules Says:
    April 5th, 2009 at 9:13 PM

In the dark purples palette, I think your “unknown” purple (in between Satellite Dreams and Graphology) is Mystical Mist. I have it, and it looks just like that. It was a LE from 3-4 years ago, I think, and was from the same collection that featured a frost silvered red called Sensualize.

Hmmm you could be right! It’s from quite a long time ago!! The label came off the pot years ago :-) Thanks!!

Jules Reply:

After closely looking at my purples, it may also be Top Hat from the Starflash collection, but I think Mystical Mist is a more likely candidate.

It’s not Top Hat because I do have that color, and they aren’t the same. I got this purple color waaaaaaaaaay before Starflash :-)

10. macky Says:
    April 10th, 2009 at 6:07 PM

i have sable and satin taupe. do u think i should have twinks too? are they almost similar? coz i dont want to buy shades that are almost similar. hope u could help. thanks

I would say that Sable is very different from Twinks, so that’s not a good dupe. Satin Taupe is more beige/taupe than Twinks. If you want a more pure brown color, then you need Twinks. If you’re happy with the amount of brown that Satin Taupe has, then you’re good without it :-) HTH

11. Beth Says:
    April 23rd, 2009 at 2:55 PM

Great collection…Question, I’m desperately trying to find a single palette of De Menthe. It’s my fav green and its been discontinued, sooooo frustrating. Any ideas? THANK YOU

Have you tried looking for it on http://www.makeupalley.com? That’s what I’m trying to do for Going Bananas…the one color that got away and I want really badly! They have a great swap “thing” set up. You can search for it and someone might be offering it to swap – only catch is that you usually need to have something to swap it for. Have you tried ebay?

Rachael Reply:

haha i’m trying to get going bananas too!

Oh yeah?! I wish they would just repromote it already!! Geez! Well, at least a bright yellow will be coming out with Style Warriors I’m pretty sure. Yay!

12. claudia Says:
    May 3rd, 2009 at 12:54 PM

Hi Heather, loved your blog and your eyeshadows collection pretty amazing ! Pls do the swatches when you have some free time, they are absolutely handy specially for those of us that doesnt have a Mac Shop around. Cheers !

Oooh thank you for reminding me! I will work on that for sure!

13. christina Says:
    May 15th, 2009 at 4:28 PM

Great collection!! I am also waiting for your swatches. I hope you will do the swatches by colors. I am hoping to get 1 or 2 colors from each color groups because apparently many colors are similar and there is no way I can buy all of them. You are lucky!!. Hopefully I will be able to do that with your help. I plan to buy them all next month for my birthday!!! TIA!!

Ok I’ll work on that :-)

14. Christina Says:
    May 27th, 2009 at 7:50 PM

Thanks Heather! Can’t wait to see the swatches.

15. Collection MAC Depotted Eyeshadow Palettes Coloruza | Best Eye Cream Says:
    June 7th, 2009 at 7:43 PM

[...] Collection MAC Depotted Eyeshadow Palettes Coloruza Posted by root 2 hours 28 minutes ago (http://www.coloruza.com) Just a little update i am now working on my 8th eyeshadow palette reply heather reply powered by wordpress valid css xhtml Discuss  |  Bury |  News | Collection MAC Depotted Eyeshadow Palettes Coloruza [...]

16. araya Says:
    July 2nd, 2009 at 7:13 AM

You’re welcome

17. Stephanie Says:
    July 27th, 2009 at 4:36 PM

You are amazing. Every time I hear about a shade of MAC eyeshadow (and it’s a lot since I like to swap on makeupalley) and I don’t know what it looks like, I come here to find it! Thanks so much for this! So much easier than googling each individual shade :)

Wow that’s such a compliment! Thanks! I’ll have to do an update soon…with all of the new shadows I’ve acquired in the past 6 months :-)

18. Serina Garoutte Says:
    July 15th, 2010 at 12:09 AM

Awesome article! Your style is so much better in comparison to most other bloggers. Thanks for writing when you get the chance to, I will be sure to return!

19. perfect-helen Says:
    August 20th, 2010 at 6:19 AM

Very long variety of cosmetics products and of course it is awesome. But a vast choice of beauty products can make any person get confused.

LOL I never get confused! Although sometimes it’s like looking into your closet and thinking you have nothing to wear :-) Then I just have to “go shopping” in my own stash and pull out some old, but great things I haven’t used in a while.

20. sarah Says:
    August 30th, 2010 at 5:30 PM

woawza thanks so much for posting! the mac website swatches are ridiculously wrong – i now adore you and will happily take any palettes if you feel the need to downsize haha :L

LOL happy to help! I think I need to do a new one since I’ve acquired quite a bit more since I posted this one!

21. sharon Says:
    October 20th, 2010 at 11:03 AM

Thank you so much for posting this!

You’re welcome! I need to do it again :-)

22. mac Eyeshadow Says:
    December 9th, 2010 at 10:49 PM

thanks !! very helpful post! amazing stuff thanx.

23. Chantal Says:
    February 25th, 2011 at 12:02 AM

Thanks so much for posting this..This helped me alot..in finding colors to pick from…pictures are nice and clear too..

Many thanks..:)

Awesome! I’m so glad!!

24. JenniferC Says:
    March 25th, 2011 at 10:19 AM

Wow – what a fantastic collection. I love the way you have photographed and labelled them – it really helps.

Thanks JenniferC!

25. Petra Fischer Says:
    April 27th, 2011 at 6:57 AM

hello
    how much du you want for each palette?
    kind regards, Petra

26. sherene Says:
    June 20th, 2011 at 1:45 PM

I love the Jete eyeshadow. I know it’s been discontinued. Can you tell me if there is another eyeshadow in any brand line that is similar/same as Jete? Thanks!

27. Elizabeth Braun Says:
    October 15th, 2011 at 9:07 AM

Wow! Someone likes MAC!=) I can see the attraction to so many great colours. What I like about your collection here is, not only the great organisation of colours, but also that you’re clearly *using* many of them. So many people’s make up collections show very light/next to no usage of their stuff. Possibly because they simply have way too much to ever really use….!!=)

28. authentic jordan shoes cheap Says:
    February 23rd, 2012 at 12:44 AM

Great, this story really touching, beautiful new beginning the end of impressive. Thank you!

29. Selina Says:
    June 26th, 2012 at 1:28 PM

OMG I <3 them all! Do you have every single permanent (excluding pro) colour?

30. mia Says:
    September 5th, 2012 at 10:59 PM

wow…i would be very happy if i had those palettes too :)