Look: Smokey Navy with Pigments

My goal was to use only pigments for this look. I got close – I was too lazy and frustrated with fallout to find a pigment for a highlight color so I grabbed Sugarshot which was sitting right there on my counter. I’m gonna do a black and gold smokey look tomorrow (for my dear reader Rachael who requested it!). I haven’t decided if I’ll use yellow-type gold or more gold (bronze) gold. Hmmmm Black Ore solar bits maybe? Perhaps…you’ll have to wait and see!! :-)

navy-blue-gold-look

navy-blue-gold-look-13

For this look I used:

• Eyes: UDPPS (primer), Cash Flow PP (base), Deep Blue Green Pigment (all over lid), Vintage Gold Pigment (crease), Golden Lemon Pigment (upper lid), Sugarshot (highlight), Mystery Kohl Power (liner), Chanel Exceptionnel mascara
  • Cheeks: Bobbi Brown Flame Shimmer Blush
  • Lips: Chanel Monte Carlo Aqualumier lipstick + YSL Golden Gloss #7

See more pictures…

navy-blue-gold-look-3

navy-blue-gold-look-4

navy-blue-gold-look-5

navy-blue-gold-look-2

navy-blue-gold-look-10

navy-blue-gold-look-8

navy-blue-gold-look-9

navy-blue-gold-look-14

navy-blue-gold-look-12

navy-blue-gold-look-11

Other

10 Responses to “Look: Smokey Navy with Pigments”

1. Lynn Says:
    March 31st, 2009 at 5:04 AM

this is stunning! I love your smokey looks!(I think I’m going to get brown contacts just so I have more color options..seems you can wear anything)

Oh well you’re in for some more smokey looks coming soon! :-) I like to think I can wear anything – anything on my eyes anyway (though reds or burgundy browns are difficult), but lips is another story…

2. sylvia Says:
    March 31st, 2009 at 8:48 AM

very pretty!!
    i have a question.. so people were suggesting me to use MAC paint pots as a base but I’m not sure which shade to use.. do you think painterly would be okay? I’m an NC30.. thanks for your help heather!

Have you tried Urban Decay Primer Potion? I use that first (it’s pretty clear), then a paint pot (PP) over it. Painterly is almost my exact lid color (I’m NW 20). I would suggest Soft Ochre for you especially becuase you’re NC and Soft Ochre is more yellow toned if you’re looking for a color to match your lid. But I use a different color PP for different types of looks, so you can play around with whatever suites you best! Thanks for asking!!

sylvia Reply:

Yes, I have/use UDPP. But yes, I was looking for a PP that would match my lid! Thanks :)

No problem! Hope it works for you!

3. Mel Says:
    April 1st, 2009 at 1:07 AM

hey heather! i love this smokey look. its so pretty! i have a question for you since i’ve read somewhere in your blog that you’ve tried out alot of different mascaras and i know you’ve been using chanel’s exceptional. how is the ysl volume mascara? i tried it this weekend and i liked but i’m still not sure. i’ve been using diorshow and chanel’s intim. i never tried chanel’s exceptional. what are your comments about these mascaras? thanks for all your help. i really appreciate it!!

Hi Mel! Yes, I’ve tried the YSL Volume mascara before…and only once with no re-purchase. I actually used it all up, but I never loved it because it would flake/smudge on me. By lunch time I had those little black smudge spots under my eyes, you know? I think I was in denial that it was the mascara’s fault haha, but it was. I used to use Diorshow and I have no problems with it – it’s actually a great mascara IMO. You should see if you can find a sample of Chanel’s Exceptionnel. I wasn’t sure about it at first, but now it’s my favorite. Obviously you can see how it works on my lashes (in like all of my posts haha!). Anyway, I do highly recommend it. I’m not sure if it’s my HG yet…and next I am going to try Guerlain’s (the dual ended one) because I have a sample and I’ve heard so many great things about it, plus Guerlain is just stellar in everything else :-) HTH and thanks for asking!!

Mel Reply:

Thanks for your help Heather! I’m actually new to your blog. I found it recently from Temptalia. I look forward to all your looks posts!

Welcome to Coloruza! I’m so happy you found me! I Looooove Temptalia, and my favorite posts of hers were her looks, but she doesn’t do a lot of those, so I wanted to model my blog after hers but focusing more on looks. Keep checking back – always more in store!!