Look: Pink & Gray

Fairly simple look today, but I really liked the way it came out – the kind of look that gives you confidence all day :-) However, in taking a closer look at the pictures, I’m thinking that the blush was a little heavy for one, and might have been too warm for this look. The pinks and grays might be more cool toned, and the blush and lip was on the warm side? I dunno. What do you think?

pink-gray-look-2
pink-gray-look-12

For this look I used:

• Eyes: UDPPS (primer), Fresco Rose PP (base), Da Bling (inner lid), Jétè (middle lid), Trax (outer lid), Print (crease), Sugarshot (highlight), Black Russian Pearlglide liner (upper lashline), Feline Kohl Power (waterline), Chanel Exceptionnel mascara
  • Cheeks: Enough Said BPB + Petticoat MSF
  • Lips: Chanel Crazed l/s + Chanel Blizzard Glossimer

See some more pictures!

pink-gray-look-3
pink-gray-look-4
pink-gray-look-5
pink-gray-look-6
pink-gray-look-10
pink-gray-look-7
pink-gray-look-8
pink-gray-look-9
pink-gray-look-13
pink-gray-look
pink-gray-look-11

10 Responses to “Look: Pink & Gray”

1. Denny Says:
    April 24th, 2009 at 5:09 AM

It does seem a little warm but re-try w/ a cooler blush. Nice though.

yeah I might…wasn’t loving the shadow combo though…eh, at the end of the day it washes off right?! LOL

Denny Reply:

This is true and you can always do over. lol

2. Lynn Says:
    April 24th, 2009 at 8:56 AM

maybe an *old school* way of thinking,but I was taught to match lips and cheeks and anything goes on the eyes..I happen to like it a lot!

Oh I hadn’t heard that! Ok fewf makes me feel better hehe :-) Thanks!

3. Nagiko9 Says:
    April 24th, 2009 at 9:22 AM

I really like the warm cast to the pink especially. As a warmer tone myself, it’s nice to see an interpretation of the classic pink/grey look that I can wear, too! I’d love to see the warm look side-by-side with the cool look. Sort of like a “you can do this color combination either way” statement. You’re right about the strength of the blush, though. Just a twee to heavy, but the color is good.

4. Rachael Says:
    April 24th, 2009 at 10:05 AM

I think a pinker blush would have worked out better than the peachier blush you used but I love the eyes as usual. I’ve noticed you use Sugarshot a lot, how would you compare it to Nylon? Also, do you think you can do a look with the new Rose Romance e/s?

Yeah, I put on Petticoat to try to make the blush come out more pink, but I don’t think it worked well. Eh. Shugarshot is only being used a lot because it’s still in pot form, so it sits on my counter = easy access! LOL. It’s a sucky lustre formula, so it’s not as nice as Nylon, but Nylon is more yellow toned and more frosty. I’d compare it more to Shroom or Ricepaper than Nylon actually.

Yes, I will be doing a look or two using Rose Romance eyeshadows. I bought the 3 I didn’t already have :-) And that’s ALL I got! I got the perfume too because I looooove the smell of roses, but we’ll see if I actually like it on :-)

Rachael Reply:

I’m curious about the fix+ as well. Can’t wait to see the looks you come up with!

Oh I didn’t get the Fix+ I actually got the perfume. But maybe you meant, you were just also curious to see what the fix+ was all about….nm sorry lol! I’m going to do something with it tomorrow.