Look: Style Warriors Purple Combo

Well, I used the purple side of Style Warriors for this look. It came out like another purple smokey eye I did a while back. I like how the color gets more gray as it goes to the outer eye. The lip look came out on the pink side…probably because Fashion Mews is like a light lavender, almost pinkish and F&F definitely has some pink in it. I know Rachael is probably not a fan of the lippie, but I like how it complements the smoked out purples. What are your thoughts? What lip color/combo would you have gone with?

style-warriors-purple-combo-look-2

style-warriors-purple-combo-look-16

For this look I used:

• Eyes: UDPP (primer), Nice Vice PP (base), Illegal Cargo (inner lid), Vibrant Grape (middle lid), Night Maneuvers (outer lid & crease), Soft Force (highlight), Feline Kohl Power (liner), Chanel Exceptionnel mascara
  • Cheeks: On A Mission BPB

style-warriors-purple-combo-look-13
style-warriors-purple-combo-look
style-warriors-purple-combo-look-18
style-warriors-purple-combo-look-17
style-warriors-purple-combo-look-14
style-warriors-purple-combo-look-15

12 Responses to “Look: Style Warriors Purple Combo”

1. Rachael Says:
    May 27th, 2009 at 4:41 PM

LOL! Hey now! Actually I like this lip combo with this look, I think it compliments it well. Love they eyes too, I have been back and force on Vibrant Grape. I bought all the other SW eyeshadows but I just don’t know if I want VG.

Hehe Sowwwy Rachael! ;-) I was just giving you a hard time you know…and got you to comment! Thanks!
    If you’re not all that into purples, then VG is one you could skip. It’s always available at the PRO store if you ever change your mind. It’s actually not that great of a texture either. The rest of the colors in the SW collection are really nice!

2. Denny Says:
    May 27th, 2009 at 4:48 PM

Ooh I am lovin’ the purple shadow. I like the gloss you chose but maybe I would have chosen a a sheer plumy gloss, such as Bobbi Brown’s Auburgine. This look is lovely as always. Great job!

Ooooh interesting choice! I haven’t seen that one…may have to check it out!

Denny Reply:

I love her line and I think you will like it. I’m still lemming a shimmer brick (from when they first came out). lol

Oh I do love her line! I have like 2 l/s, all of the shimmer Ink gel liners, and all of the Shimmer Bricks that have been out since last year pretty much. I have two small glosses…but their consistency is almost too sheer, but maybe it’s just those two little ones I have.

3. Nymphette Says:
    May 28th, 2009 at 7:05 PM

I love the eye/lip combo. Its the perfect pink to complement the purple eye… I miss ya lady!!

Awww thanks! I miss you too!!! I gotta find a good look to post one of these days. Plus work has been super busy…which means I’m not on MUA during the day lol!

Nymphette Reply:

I saw a couple of posts from you… I cut my hair!!! Its super short!! lol… Omg I totally rocked a faux hawk on one of my FOTD’s… hahahah… COME BACK!

Your hair was already short! Wow I can’t wait to see!!! I’ll come back soon – I’ve liked a few looks I’ve done lately :-)

4. Mara Says:
    May 29th, 2009 at 7:53 AM

I love purples, and I really love the contrast between Vibrant Grape and Night Manouevers… It’s interesting that you mentioned the texture of VG – it definitely shows in the close-ups. Is it too chalky? Hard to blend? The color itself is so pretty!

Oh, and I think the lips are a perfect complement to the eyes! :)

Thank you Mara!

Yeah, it’s a little chalky IMO. It’s blendable with the right base. If I don’t put on a smooth Paint Pot color underneath (like if I just used UDPP or something) then it would be much more difficult. It’s a nice color, but I think there are some better purples out there… :-) Just my opinion…though that being said, I still wouldn’t part with mine! ;-)