Posted by Heather | Filed under MAC
By looking at reviews and swatches from the Naked Honey collection, I had decided that I only wanted two lipglasses and two eyeshadows. I went to my favorite counter (the one I freelanced for), and my MUA James convinced me that I was very wrong! That Africanimal scent is really mesmerizing! I still passed on the peach colored e/s, but when the F&F sale came around I caved.
This is the look that James did on me was nothing short of A-MAZ-ING! I’m not kidding, and it takes a lot to impress me with my own makeup! And you know, I’ve gotten my makeup done numerous times by different makeup artists. Not since highschool (with the exception of my wedding) have I really been impressed with a makeup job, until James! Wow is he talented! My skin glowed like you wouldn’t believe. I couldn’t pass a mirror without staring into it…wow. The eyes were sharp! And the lips…gosh I love coral lips! So you know what I did?! I called my husband, and convinced him to pick me up and we went to the Melting Pot for a really nice dinner date with a bottle of good wine and incredible food! I felt like a princess :-)
Now I’m really inspired…I have to try to recreate this look on my own and make it look as good!!
Here are some new things I learned:
- To get the sharp line on the waterline: he put down Smolder Kohl, patted Carbon on top of it, then another layer of Smolder. It was wicked sharp!
- Line the lips after putting on the lipstick, then apply gloss. The line won’t look harsh that way
- Do the eyes first, then the rest of the face…that’ll take some serious re-learning for me if I do that…
- Put the dark colors on the eye first, then blend the inner lighter shade into the darker shade (actually I already do this most of the time, so that’s good)
- Layer the blush/highlighter/bronzer and do more than just your cheeks: nose, jaw, above brows
- Be generous with the lustre drops in your foundation if you really want to glow! :-)
- The 187 brush makes for flawless foundation
For this look HE used:
- Eyes: Rubenesque PP (base), Buckwheat (outer lid & crease), Pollinator (above crease), Crème de Miel (inner lid), Nylon (highlight), Smolder Kohl (liner), Smolder+Carbon+Smolder (waterline), Zoomlash mascara
- Brows: Lingering Pencil + Girl Boy brow gel
- Cheeks: Spring Sheen blush + Honey Light Illuminating Pressed Powder
- Lips: Ravishing Creamsheen l/s + Spiced l/l + She’s a Star l/g
Lots more pictures….ahhhhh loooooooove!
One more pictures before I took it off for the night :-)
Look at those glowy cheeks!!!
14 Responses to “Look: Honey Loooooove!”
June 20th, 2009 at 10:34 PM
You look stunning! I love how your cheeks look!!
June 21st, 2009 at 3:14 AM
You look amazing ,those earthy colours are just right for you!!
June 21st, 2009 at 7:13 PM
These colors fit you well. The warm colors bring out the green in your eyes. Very pretty.
June 22nd, 2009 at 5:53 PM
you know,while it’s a pretty look,I think you are the better artist,but I’m sure it was nice being pampered for a change,plus,you got dinner………nice
June 22nd, 2009 at 6:48 PM
This is pretty, the only thing I don’t like is the eyebrow color. I like the darker color you normally use better.
June 23rd, 2009 at 9:31 AM
I love the way your skin looks! What foundation and which Lustredrops did he use?
I’m with Rachael on the eyebrow color!