Look: MAC Freelance Work – Solar Bits Love

I worked again for MAC a couple weeks ago. It was some freelance hours, and I’m really happy they called me. It was a lot of fun! I sold stuff (of course) and did a few make-overs, one on a girl going to an Indian Wedding :-) She liked her look so that made me happy! This look was one I particularly like, and I actually had several customers asking what products I was wearing because they really liked the “foil” look that the Solar Bits gave it. I hooked ’em up :-) And of course, I didn’t let them get the Solar Bits without getting at least one Paint Pot…because really it would just be irresponsible of me to let them try to do a look without one, right?!  Hmmm, so that gets me thinking…what do YOU all use as an eyeshadow primer/base?? What works best for you?

solar-bits-love-look-17

solar-bits-love-look-6
For this look I used:

• Eyes: UDPPS (primer), Indian Wood PP (base), Scatterays Solar Bits (inner lid), Impassioned Solar Bits (outer lid), Carbon (crease), Creme de Miel (highlight), Smolder Kohl (liner), Plushlash mascara
  • Cheeks: Honey Light + Margin

solar-bits-love-look-8
solar-bits-love-look-7
solar-bits-love-look-5
solar-bits-love-look-4
solar-bits-love-look-3
solar-bits-love-look-2

10 Responses to “Look: MAC Freelance Work – Solar Bits Love”

1. Denny Says:
    July 10th, 2009 at 7:19 AM

I just bought two faced shadow insurance yesterday and I’m going to give it a try. Until then, I didn’t use anything. That also explains why my color seemed to melt away. lol

Didn’t use anything?! What?! Travesty! I hope you like TFSI. I’ve used it before and it’s nice.

Denny Reply:

Does using concealer count?!? lol Today is the first day using the product. It does really help seal that color in. I’m glad that I bought it.

No, concealer doesn’t count! :-P I’m so glad you’re seeing the benefits of a good e/s primer :-)

2. Mara Says:
    July 11th, 2009 at 12:29 PM

I sometimes use UDPP, but 99% of the time, I use paint pots as my base. I have more “mature” lids (LOL) so I like the texture of paint pots over UDPP. The creaminess fills in the lines and gives me a smoother surface to work with.

I like Paint Pots over UDPP too (obviously, it’s what I use everyday). Which ones do you like to use most?

Denny Reply:

I’ve been wanting to try to paint pots but can’t settle on a color other than purple or brown. (Awww pooh) I want to try something different to make my eyes appear sexier. Any suggestions?

My favorite Paint Pots are Rubenesque, Indian Wood, Greenstroke, Moss Scape, and Blackground. Surprisingly, Blackground can make lighter colors stand out more. Works the same for dark colors too – it’s really neat!

3. sylvia Says:
    July 12th, 2009 at 12:19 PM

i use udpp or tfsi, then soft ochre over it. =)

Good combo girl! I’d do the same thing! But I use different Paint Pots depending on the shadow colors I’m gonna use :-)