Nails: Urban Decay Bruise

This is a long discontinued color. Two coats of beautiful duo-chrome shimmer. Some people say there are dupes, but I beg to differ. Urban Decay Bruise is an eggplant purple base packed with blue/teal shimmer. I had terrible chips the first day, and it didn’t really make it to day 2, but the time that I had to enjoy this mani was well worth it. Seriously, this is so incredibly pretty. It stays in a special drawer with only the MOST special polishes :-)

It’s jam packed with shimmer. All of these pictures are taken in the sun (in the car really).

Several more beautiful pictures await you below! This is a very special polish. It might still be available on the bay of evil if you want to try finding one for yourself. I wish Urban Decay would bring these amazing shimmer polishes. Why are the best polishes discontinued anyway?!

Other

6 Responses to “Nails: Urban Decay Bruise”

1. amusedPolish Says:
    July 30th, 2010 at 1:43 PM

I’ve been drooling over your picks… I wish they’d still make those awesome colors :(

I know right?! *drools with you* Why in the world do they stop making those incredible money makers?!?!?! Someone needs to make dupes of these too.

2. Cat Says:
    July 30th, 2010 at 6:58 PM

OK, I see what you mean about dupes. I compared this to your pics of Vanishing Venus, and that has a green flash, whereas this one has blue. I LOVE these colors!! This looks great on you too!

Would you please do a comparison of the above two with Misa Embroidered Emerald?

Yes, that may need to be my very first comparison. I think Misa EE is closer to the Vanishing Venus. You got it right – Bruise has more of a blue flash, while the others are more green. I also think Bruise has more of a purple undertone base, while the other two have a brown-ish purple base.

3. Jackie S. Says:
    September 7th, 2010 at 5:41 PM

I love this color! Gorgeous!

Thanks! Me too. So beautiful. I couldn’t stop taking pictures of it!